What is zoning?
• Legal regulatory tool to implement the land use plan
• Designation and allocation of territorial areas of city or municipality into
functional land use zones or districts
• Uses allowed in accord with goals and objectives of local development
Who is responsible for zoning at the municipal government?
• planning works is vested on a planning and development office
• adaptation of zoning ordinances is a legislative function
• zoning administration is done by the executive branch of government
What are the most common zoning problems?
• discretionary special-use permit
• floating zone-recognizes emerging situations
• planned development unit-model town of mixed uses
What is provincial zoning?
It is as an extension of urban planning and zoning to cover the entire province
and/or one instituted by the provincial government
What are the types of land use controls?
a) Title ownership
b) Legal controls less than title ownership
- restrictive covenants
c) Public powers and influences, such as:
- police powers
- public and private grants-in-aid