|APOLINARIO MABINI |
(July 23, 1864 — May 13, 1903),
Brain of the Philippine Revolution
If there are questions or clarifications regarding the submittals, you can either visit me at the office, call me on my mobile or office phone numbers, or email me on this email address.
8th Floor, DPC Place Bldg., 2322 Chino Roces ave. (formerly Pasong Tamo Ext.), Makati City
Office Phone: 889-8861
Mobile Phone: 0918-939-7664
This event was named after the Sublime Paralytic Apolinario Mabini, whose disability has not stopped him to become a national icon and creative genius of the Philippine Revolution.
The Apolinario Mabini Awards aims to recognize individual persons with disabilities (PWDs), groups, organizations and professionals who have made remarkable marks in their chosen fields or have rendered outstanding services with impact on citizens with disabilities on a national scale. The different categories that are up for grabs are as follows:
1. Disabled Filipino of the Year;
2. Disabled Group of the Year;
3. Employer of the Year;
4. Disabled-Friendly Establishment;
5. Local Government Unit of the Year;
6. Rehabilitation Volunteer of the Year;
7. Mabini Presidential Award; and
8. Media Advocate of the Year- this is a new category for personalities/groups/institutions in the tri-media who have made significant advocacy for the rights and welfare of PWDs. This is in conjunction with the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disability (UN CRPD).
Interested parties can get nomination forms at PFRD, which can be contacted for details at telephone number 725-0093 or through their email address firstname.lastname@example.org.